Jump to content
General TrainingSpace Questions
- Who is TrainingSpace for?
- TrainingSpace is designed as a resource for OTDA or OCFS employees
and local district staff. Some TrainingSpace courses are designed
for OTDA employees only, but most are available to both State
and local district staff. Please check with your local SDC or
state Training Coordinator if you have questions about whether
courses or other materials are appropriate for you.
- How do I take a course offered through TrainingSpace?
- Registration for courses is handled through the STARS system.
Contact your local SDC or state Training Coordinator to find out
if you're eligible for a course, or to register for one. You will
see a list of the courses you are registered for on the My TrainingSpace
- How many courses can I take?
- Your local SDC or
state Training Coordinator is your best advisor on which courses
are appropriate for you and how many you should take.
- How long do I have to complete a course?
- Once you are registered, you have until the calendar year ends to complete a TrainingSpace course. However, you will master the training material better if you work through the course in a timely manner.
- Does TrainingSpace work with STARS?
- TrainingSpace is integrated with the STARS system. Your local
SDC or state Training Coordinator must nominate you to access
TrainingSpace courses, just as they would for classroom training.
When you finish a course, information about your attendance and completion
of courses will automatically be entered in STARS, so your local
SDC or state Training Coordinator
will have a record of your work.
- Can I access TrainingSpace from home?
- You should discuss the appropriate time and place to use TrainingSpace
with your local SDC or state Training Coordinator.
- How do I navigate TrainingSpace?
- There are a number of ways that you can move through TrainingSpace:
- The TrainingSpace banner appears at the top of every page and displays links to the main navigation and support links. You may click on these at any time.
- If you are on a TrainingSpace page and wish to go back to a previously viewed page, you can click on your Windows Back button in the upper left corner of your browser bar.
- Each course provides information and Help on navigating and using course functions.
- What is the difference between TrainingSpace and My TrainingSpace?
- TrainingSpace is a public web site. My TrainingSpace is your personal TrainingSpace page, with access to courses and resources that are only available to authorized users.
- How do I leave a course and return to My TrainingSpace?
- To leave a course, click on the My TrainingSpace link that displays at the top of the page and you will return to the My TrainingSpace home page.
- How do I exit My TrainingSpace?
- To exit My TrainingSpace, click on the Logout link. If you wish to exit TrainingSpace completely, click on the “x” in the upper right corner of your browser window.
Back to the Help index