- How do I navigate around the course?
- The Course Banner appears at the top of every page and displays links to the main navigation and support links. You may click on these at any time.
- The Back and Next buttons appear at the top and bottom of each page. Click on these to go backward and forward through each topic.
- The Main Menu displays three modules of topics. You can click on a module picture to go to that area.
- Each module displays a menu bar on the left-hand side of the screen that lists the available topics. You may click on topics in any order to move about the course.
- If you are in a topic and wish to go back to a previously viewed topic, you can click on your Windows Back button in the upper left corner of your gray browser bar.
- How do I know if I've seen all the content?
- Can I bookmark a page?
- How can I return to the NYS CSE website?
There are a number of ways that you can move through this course (click here to view 'Getting Started: Navigating this Course'):
There is no "hidden" content in the course. Once you have gone through each module using the Next button, you can be certain that you have seen all of the content.
If you want to leave the course and return to where you left off, you can bookmark a page by selecting Favorites and Add on your Internet web browser. When you want to return, select the page from your Favorites list. You will see the page that you last viewed. However, any checkmarks for topics completed under My Topics will be lost.
The quickest way to return to the New York State Division of Child Support Enforcement website is to click on the Exit button that appears at the top of your screen in the Course Banner.
- How is the course organized?
- How do I get to each module?
The course is organized into three modules. Module 1 is "Overview of the NYS CSE Program"; Module 2 is "Frequently Asked Questions by Custodial Parents"; and Module 3 is "Frequently Asked Questions by Non-Custodial Parents." Each module contains a number of topics that are displayed on the menu bar on the left-hand side of the screen. One way to see how the course is organized is to click on the Course Map link at the top of any screen.
Once you have selected your profile and started the course, you can click on the Main Menu link at the top of any page to view the three module choices. Then, you can click on a module picture to go to that area.
Completing the Topics
- What topics should I review?
- Does it matter in what order I complete the topics?
- How can I tell what topics I've completed?
If you select a profile when you start the course, you will see a list of suggested topics on your Getting Started screen. You can refer back to this list at any time by clicking on the My Topics link at the top of the screen. If you did not select a profile when starting the course, you can take whatever topics you wish.
You may take the topics in whatever order you wish, but if it's your first time taking the course, it is recommended that you go through Module 1 (Overview) first. This will give you a better understanding of the CSE program before proceeding to more specific topics.
If you want to be sure that you've completed all of the topics that were suggested for you, you can click on the My Topics link to view which ones have been checked off. If you are not required to complete specific topics, you can be sure you've viewed all topics by going through each module and using the Next button to go through each page.
Note: If you do not complete all of your suggested topics in one session, your completed topics list with the checked boxes will not be saved.
Checking and Saving Your Progress
- How can I check my progress through the course?
- Will my progress be saved?
- Will I be scored on the exercises I've taken?
- What happens if I exit the course and return to take more topics?
- Will I get a certificate or report when I finish the course?
To check what topics you've completed on your suggested list, click on the My Topics link at the top of the page. As you go through topics, they will be checked off in your list. If you did not select a profile when you started the course, you will not see a list under My Topics, and may take whatever topics you wish.
While you are taking the course, the My Topics list will indicate what topics you've completed with checked boxes, if you selected a profile when you started the course. But, when you exit the course, this information will not be saved. If you would like a record of the topics you completed, you can print the My Topics list either by clicking Print on your browser bar or selecting File and Print.
The exercises in the course are designed to check your understanding of the content. Your answers will not be scored.
You may exit the course and return to take more topics at any time. However, any topics you previously completed will not be checked off on the My Topics list unless you review them again.
You will not receive a certificate or report when you finish the course. However, if you would like a record of completing certain topics, you can print a copy of the My Topics list before you end your session.
- Why does my page look or act strange?
- Who do I contact if I have a technical problem?
Please be sure you are using one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, or Netscape 7. The course may not display properly if you are using a different Internet browser or version.
If you have a problem accessing or viewing this course, you may send an email to: email@example.com and someone will get back to you.