OTDA Hazard Communication and Right-to-Know Toxic Substance Training
Hazard Communication & Right-to-Know Toxic Substance Training is designed to provide employees with information concerning the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazard Communication Standard and the New York State Right-to-Know Law.
After completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- List some of the common substances that may contain hazardous chemicals.
- Describe the kind of hazards that chemicals can produce.
- Indicate how chemicals can enter your body.
- Discuss protective measures you can take to avoid exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Describe the purpose of primary container labeling.
- Identify the information provided by container labeling.
- This course is a required training for all OTDA state staff.
Approximately 1 hour