Chapter 513 (Xctasy's Law) & Chapter 193:
A Legislative Update on Changes for Mandated Reporters in Social Service and Voluntary Agencies
In October of 2007, NYS implemented two major legislative changes for Mandated Reporters based on changes to Chapter 193 and 513 of the Laws of 2007. (Chapter 513 is also known as Xctasy's Law.) This teleconference will provide an overview of what these changes are and how they impact mandated reporter requirements and reporting protocols within the social services arena. The training will focus on how the legislative changes impact staff in local social service districts, the Administration for Children's Services and contract agencies providing services to children and families within the statewide social service network.
Upon viewing this video, the learner will be able to describe:
- what changes have been made to the mandated reporter statutes,
- your role/responsibilities as a Mandated Reporter,
- the definition of child abuse and maltreatment,
- how to determine reasonable cause to suspect,
- what to expect when you call the State Central Register, and
- new documentation and reporting requirements.
- Local District Social Services personnel including:
- Income Maintenance Specialists
- Food Stamp Workers
- Preventive Services Case Workers
- Child and Adult Protective Services Workers
- Foster Care Workers
- Contract and voluntary agency staff who provide services to children and families
Registration for this course is handled through STARS. You must first have your SDC or Training Coordinator nominate you before you can access the materials.