Access to CPS Investigation Stages by Voluntary/Contract Agencies
On September 12, 2007 OCFS presented a teleconference for Local Departments of Social Services (LDSS), Voluntary Authorized Foster Care Agency and Contract Preventive Agency (Agency) supervisory and casework staff on the new functionality in CONNECTIONS that will support the ability for Agency staff to access Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation Stage information. The teleconference includes:
- A presentation by OCFS Legal and Policy staff on the history, statutory authority to access of information in CPS cases, confidentiality standards, appropriate case recording, roles and responsibilities of both LDSS and Agency staff during the investigation process, and benefits of sharing CPS information
- A walk through by CONNECTIONS staff on how to navigate to and access CPS Investigation stages via “Implied Role”
- A panel discussion that includes LDSS, ACS and Voluntary Agency staff. Topics include current practices on sharing information; maintaining the integrity of the investigation process; maintaining the therapeutic relationship with the client and the service provider; expectations; and training⁄orientation needs.
- Local District Social Services staff
- Voluntary Foster Care Agency staff
- Contract preventive and protective workers
Registration for this course is handled through STARS. You must first have your SDC or Training Coordinator nominate you before you can access the materials.